How To

Travel Tips For International Students – Find Out The Procedure To Further Your Education In The UK

If you are a citizen of a European Economic Area and Switzerland, you can study in the UK without restrictions.

Citizens of other countries can come to the UK as students in 2 ways:

1. You can apply to come to the UK as a visiting student (or visiting child if you are under 18) if you wish to take a short course (a course which does not last longer than six months) and this does not apply. will not work during your stay.

2. Students wishing to undertake a long study program and wishing to work during their stay must apply at level 4 of the UK points-based immigration system. An independent education provider will need to sponsor you during your stay.

You must demonstrate your fluency in the English language by taking an English course (unless you are a citizen of an exempt country i.e. a country that is part of the English speaking Commonwealth, e.g. Jamaica), which can be taken at a private university eg (ESOL) or (IELTS) if you want to come or stay in the UK under certain immigration categories.

IELTS level 7 is the standard English entry requirement for most higher and advanced education courses in the UK.


International students must be able to present themselves;

A bank statement showing the balance that will be available to them while studying in the UK and reveals the source of any funding that will be used to fund their course while they are in the UK. This demonstrates to the UK embassy interview panel in the country and UK entry control officers that the candidate can support himself while in the UK and not will need to dip into public funds.

Authentic original academic certificates demonstrating that the necessary prerequisites for the course have been met; It satisfies the staff of the British Embassy to be able to take the course.

Confirmation of acceptance by the education and training provider, or sponsor, indicating that you have been accepted into the course and confirmation that all fees have been paid for the duration of the course. This satisfies the entry screening officers with your intention to take the course for its entire duration.

International students must sign a declaration confirming that they will meet their visa requirements and leave the UK at the end of their course.


International students taking full-time courses, that is, courses of at least fifteen hours of attendance per week, may work ten hours per week.

The British Embassy in the country will issue a work permit when your visa is issued.

Sponsors with a level 4 license, general, can sponsor international students aged 18 and over, sponsors with a license level 4, children, can sponsor international students under the age of 18.


The Chevening scholarship provides full-time and part-time funding for full-time postgraduate courses, this applies to applicants pursuing a one-year master’s degree in any subject and at any UK university.

Some universities offer their own scholarships to international students; Application to the university of your choice is recommended.

What is level 4?

1 Level 4 – Points based system – Main immigration route available for students wishing to study full time in the UK. Must be sponsored by an education provider who has a sponsor license.

2 Public schools cannot admit students coming to the UK below level 4.

What is sponsorship?

A sponsor is an education provider that offers study courses and has a license to sponsor students to take those courses. If you want to study in the UK under level 4 of the points-based system, you must have a sponsor. The sponsorship also provides proof that the student will study for a passing grade and assigns obligations to the sponsor that must be met.

About the author



Leave a Comment